April 25, 2018
Happy Anniversary – to Elms of Camden
It’s hard to believe but it was one year ago today we closed on The Elms, now Elms of Camden! Talk about a year flying by at warp speed. We thought we’d share with you, our guests, former guests, future guests, friends, family, and neighbors what we’ve done to the property in this, our first year. We have:
- painted the exterior of the house with a new color scheme.
- launched a new website, reservation system, and booking engine by Odysys.
- installed a ridge vent over the cottages.
- installed fireplaces in every room but one (to preserve the 1806 fireplace and cooking stove.)
- changed the bed in Dahlia from a Queen to a King.
- installed 6 ductless mini-splits in the 1806 house.
- installed seamless gutters at the back of the property.
- updated every room with new linens, lighting, furniture, and decor.
- added a twin bed to Iris.
- landscaped the front yard
- added Paula’s Garden at the back of the property.
- installed a reclaimed asphalt driveway.
- added custom-made cushions and window coverings in certain rooms.
- added a custom-built radiator cover for the entryway.
- installed new exterior light fixtures.