ARTS & MUSIC
CREATE YOUR OWN COMPOSITION
ARTS AND MUSIC
If you like arts and music you better plan on staying at least three days. Galleries, museums, concerts, and so much more. Listed below are just a few of the galleries and museums to enjoy.
- Bayview Gallery (207) 729-5500 | Website | 58 Maine St, Brunswick, ME A fine art gallery specializing in contemporary american impressionist & realist paintings
- Camden Falls Gallery (207) 470-7027 | Website | 5 Public Landing, Camden Awaken your senses with vibrant paintings by emerging and established artists from throughout the northeast.
- Ironbound Gallery (207) 236-4100 | Website | 37 Bayview St, CamdenShowcasing over 65 artists.
- Jacobson Glass Studio (914) 715-6848 | Website | 210 Choate Rd, South Montville, ME 04941 Experience the thrill of glassblowing with David Jacobson in his renovated 200-year-old barn studio.
Maine Artisans Co-op (207) 789-5376 | Website | Across from the beach on Rte 1, Lincolnville Beach, ME 04849 Fine crafts by Maine artists and craftspeople.
- Center for Maine Contemporary Art(207) 701-5005 | Website | 21 Winter Street, RocklandExperience the art of this generation and the next. CMCA’s exhibitions and educational programs are made to inspire and attract visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
- Farnsworth Art Museum & Wyeth Center(207) 596-6457 | Website | 16 Museum St, RocklandThe Farnsworth Art Museum invites you to visit its nationally renowned collection of more than 15,000 paintings, prints, drawings, and photographs throughout 12 galleries and two historic properties.
- Maine Lighthouse Museum(207) 594-3301 | Website | One Park Dr, Rockland, ME 04841The mission of the Maine Lighthouse Museum is to educate the public regarding the long-standing traditions, heroism and progress of America’s Lighthouse and Lifesaving services and the United States Coast Guard through the conservation and interpretation of the nation’s most significant collection of lighthouse and artifacts.
- Owls Head Transportation Museum(207) 594-4418 | Website | 117 Museum St, Owls HeadThe Owls Head Transportation Museum is home to a world-class operating collection of antique automobiles, aircraft, motorcycles, bicycles, engines and more.
- Camden Opera House(207) 236-7963 | Website | 29 Elm St. Camden Step off the bustling streets of Downtown Camden into this exquisitely renovated Victorian Opera House. The unexpected grandeur mirrors the excellence and variety of our programs.
- Strand Theatre(207) 594-0070 | Website | 345 Main St, RocklandThe Historic Strand Theatre, located in downtown Rockland (less than a 15-minute drive from Elms of Camden), has been entertaining audiences since 1923. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the theater recently underwent an extensive renovation, balancing the building’s rich heritage with the latest in sound technology.
- Bay Chamber Concerts(207) 236-2823 | Website | 18 Central St. RockportBay Chamber has a rich history of presenting the best in performing arts inMidcoast Maine. ALL YEAR, ALL-AROUND OUTSTANDING.Founded in 1961 by brothers Andrew and Thomas Wolf, Bay Chamber Concerts features world-renowned artists year-round. Our Summer Concert Series and Screen Door Summer Music Festival in July and August feature over 30 events that redefine the standards for chamber music. From September to June the Performing Arts Series features classical, jazz, world music and dance events in a variety of venues throughout the region.