You won’t go hungry in Camden. Maine’s Rock Coast consists of Rockport, Rockland, and Camden and has more restaurants per capita than anywhere else in America. With something for every person, taste, and budget the only hard part is deciding where to go.
Here’s a sampling of a few noteworthy restaurants that have helped make Camden and the Rock Coast area a true “foodie” destination.
- Long Grain – (JBF 2017 Best Chef Northeast nominee Ravin Nakjaroen) In 2009, Long Grain opened its doors in the beautiful seaside town of Camden, Maine. Although many consider Long Grain a Thai restaurant, our dishes are inspired by many different Asian cuisines and cultures
- Primo – Chef Melissa Kelly (only two-time female chef JBF winner) After 19 seasons, numerous awards, and recognition, Primo in Rockland has matured into what Chef Melissa Kelly calls a “Full Circle Kitchen…” the ultimate farm to table experience. What started with a garden, a few hens, and a couple of pigs has now become an evolution of food; an endless pursuit to accomplish more
- Youngtown Inn – Chef/owner Manuel Mercier draws upon his French heritage to create an array of traditionally prepared dishes
- Fresh & Co. – Owner Rada Valkova takes inspiration from her roots, travels, and experiences to create a globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine
- Peter Ott’s – Peter Ott’s Steakhouse & Tavern relocated to the waterfront on Camden Harbor in 2014 becoming Peter Ott’s on the Water. Striving to always offer fresh, quality food, now paired with a panoramic view of Camden Harbor
- Waterfront – The Waterfront balances the basics with the innovative styles of cooking, bringing goodness to your table. We buy from area fishermen and farmers, hire the local kids, and stay open year round as a place for the winter hardy to gather by the fireplace. Visit us and experience a restaurant that has been part of the midcoast for thirty-five years
- Ports of Italy – Authentic Italian in nearby Rockport
- Sea Dog Brewing Company – Sea Dog Brewing returns to Camden! Located in the heart of downtown Camden, Sea Dog offers signature craft beers, a huge seafood selection, creative pub fare, and harbor-side dining for the whole family
But, life isn’t always white tablecloths, crystal, and fine china. Grab a lobster roll at one of the many lobster shacks or a sandwich to go from Camden Deli, French & Brawn, or Megunticook Market for your day’s excursions. From fancy to casual, with over 90 restaurants there’s something for every palate.